Sorry it's been so long since the last update. Busy times...
Lessee...where are we? Ah, drywall is up. Took me about 2 days to get all the drywall hung, with Allen's help. Let me tell you...drywall is, by far, the worst thing I've had to do yet. I don't know what it is about it, but I can't stand it. If you bump into it, it cracks. If you drop it, it cracks. If you're not careful carrying it and hit the doorway, it cracks. If you don't cover your mouth when you sneeze, it cracks. Ugh! You have to be careful when you're driving the screws or you'll go too far. AND the stuff weighs twice as much as a sheet of plywood. Need I go on?
Anyhoo, 2 days of wrestling wallboard and it's all hung.
Meanwhile, my wife has been busy stripping. Old moulding, that is. We want to use the old moulding around the doors and window to keep everything in line with the rest of the house, so she's been trying to get rid of the 50 layers of paint on everything. Doesn't look like an easy job. She uses stripper to take off the first couple of layers, and then a heat gun to get the rest of the ancient paint off. Not a fun job.
After all the wallboard was hung, it took me another 2 days to get it all taped an mudded. This part is just as bad as hanging the stuff, only messier. The mud gets EVERYWHERE. Also, I wasn't warned and found out too late that you have to be careful and not contaminate your mudpan, or you'll get gouges and lumps in your seams. Woohoo... Stop laughing...
Next time, the drywall is getting contracted out...
Finally, today I was able to finish up the mudding. After everything was dry I had enough time to put a couple of coats of primer on the walls, in preparation for the paint. Hopefully I'll be able to get the paint on tomorrow and can proceed to the tiling. I might go ahead and hang the lights and the mirror to give a little more light, and I won't be working up there anymore so I shouldn't have to worry about messing them up.

No comments:
Post a Comment