I decided to expedite things by buying a pre-hung door to replace the old closet door. The old doors are actually hung right on the moulding, oddly enough, so I wasn't really too comfortable trying to reproduce that with the old material. Plus, I'm not that great to begin with at the art of door hanging. Buying a pre-hung door made it a simple matter of rough framing and nailing the new door in place.
I probably could have done more today, but I think I've picked up the bug that's going around. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a cough that's gotten progressively worse. So I really didn't feel like working at all today, and took quite a few breaks :P. But the framing is done and the door is hung and the room is ready for drywall. Hopefully I'll feel a little better tomorrow and be able to get the drywall hung.
I've never done drywall before, so I don't really know what to estimate. My rough guess is that it'll take me all day tomorrow to get it all hung, and then the next day to tape and mud it. I expect if there are any surprises, it'll be in the taping/mudding, which means that I'll probably screw up hanging it, since all my other estimates seem to have been completely wrong. I'm also trying to resist the urge to buy a rotozip to make cutting all the holes for everything quicker and easier. I've bought way too many tools already.
Anyway, here's what the closet looks like:

No comments:
Post a Comment