Last night I was able to finish up the remaining details of the electrical work. I installed new switches and a new plate for the existing switch in the hallway to match. I also mounted and wired the boxes that will hold the vanity lights around the mirror. Not much to this...only trick was locating them correctly. Just to be safe, we temporarily mounted the mirror in place so that we could visually locate where we wanted the lights. Then it was just a matter of installing crossbraces between the studs, and mounting the boxes to the crossbraces.
Tonight I'm going to clean up the mess I made doing the wiring, and then bring in the tub. I want to use the tub itself to determine the location of the new closet wall. Once I determine that location, I can frame that wall and then install the tub itself. This should just be a matter of screwing the tub to the studs, shimming anything that's not exactly even. I'm hoping that won't take very long.
After that I'll go ahead and plumb the tub, testing it to make sure everything is hooked up correctly. Then I'll seal up the hole in the floor where the tub supply comes from the crawlspace with great stuff. Right now we have a nice draft there that ensures the room stays about the same ambient temperature as the outside :P. While I'm at it I'll probably just go ahead and seal up any gaps or voids along the perimeter of the room.
The final thing after that will be to frame the second closet wall, which is the wall that will accept the closet door. This might take some tweaking. Then again, I'm re-using the old closet door, which was just hung from the moulding around the door frame, so I don't think the actual door opening in the framing will be critical. It just needs to be close enough that I have some leeway when I'm installing the moulding for getting the door to hang right.
After that I won't have anything else to do but drywall. I suppose I've put it off as long as I can :P.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment