It was pretty interesting getting the tub into the room. I had to take the moulding off of the bathroom door to make room. The room into the hallway turned out to also be about 1/2" short. I really didn't want to remove the moulding from that door as well, since the doors themselves are actually hung from the moulding and taking them off is a sure way to get an uneven door. Allen came up with great approach that let us squeak the thing thru the doorway so all is well. Not a very fun job, but we made it in.
Made great progress today. Started the day off by framing in the closet. I needed to get the tub into the room so that I could be 100% sure where to put the closet wall. Now that it's in, it was a simple matter of making some marks and laying the sills. After that, I build the corner post, and nailed up the top sills to keep everything in place. Then I was able to throw in some studs to complete the 3rd tub wall.
After that, it was just a matter of inserting the tub into the faming, SHIMMING, and screwing the tub into place.
After getting the tub secured, it was finally time to get it connected to the plumbing. Wasn't very difficult, but it took me the rest of the night...and I had to make yet another trip to HD to get a hole saw and to Lowe's to pick up some more fittings(HD doesn't carry the cpvc/MIP fittings that I like to use). Just a few tricky things...making sure the valve unit was mounted at the right depth, marking/cutting the holes for the fixtures, gluing all the joints...etc.
Unfortunately, I didn't finish the gluing until 9:30, which meant it would be 11 or 11:30(it's cold in the room) before the glue had cured and I could test the plumbing. That would be too late for me(yawn), so I decided to just install the fixtures on the tub so they'd be ready for testing tomorrow. I toyed with the idea of cleaning up a little as well, but only briefly.
Soooo, tomorrow I'll start by testing the plumbing to make sure I don't have any leaks. Then I'll probably finish up framing the closet..basically framing the door. That shouldn't take too long, so I suppose it'll be time to start on the drywall. Not really looking forward to that :).
Some details of the progress:
Oh, almost forgot I haven't posted any pics of the electrical work either. Here's a couple of snaps showing the outlets and the mirror wall with the vanity lights and switch/outlet plate. The room's still not very clean, but you get the idea :P.

No comments:
Post a Comment