Sunday, November 12, 2006

Quick update

Sorry I'm just getting an update in this weekend. We took the weekend off and drove up to visit my wife's family. My father-in-law was celebrating his 60th birthday on Saturday. My wife and her brother got together and signed him up for the Richard Petty driving experience at the Charlotte super speedway. What a blast that was!

Got home fairly late in the afternoon, so didn't have a whole lot of time to work. Spent the evening working on the sink wall framing. This wall was a little bit of a pain b/c I had to work around all of the drain pipes. This wall will also have the medicine cabinet, so I had to frame that in as well. I also had to add a small brace for where the pedestal sink will eventually be attached to the wall.

Didn't take too long, all in all.





Next up is the electricity. I'm hoping that, since I'll be running an entirely new circuit to the room, that everything will be fairly simple and straight forward. We'll have 2 outlets on the exterior wall, some switched lights and a switch/outlet combo on the sink wall, a ceiling light/fan overhead that'll be switched at an existing switch box. All the outlets will be gfci. Not too bad, I think. I'll probably spend tomorrow coming up with the wiring layout, then run the wiring tomorrow night. I'm not sure I'm completely confident enough to just run the wire everywhere and proceed with the rest of the room without testing everything. But I would probably spend a whole night just connecting everything, testing, and disconnecting...so we'll see.

After electricity, it'll be time to get the tub in and the closet framed. Then drywall! We're getting close :).

No comments: