Small change in plans for the wiring. I've decided to install separate switches for the light and the fan on the overhead fan/light combo. Did this for a couple of reasons: 1) the wiring is not that much more difficult, 2) I needed something to fill the second hole on the double plate where the light switch will be, and 3) It should be a little nicer being able to control them independently.
An added bonus is that the wire from the switchbox to the fan/light in this configuration requires 12/3 instead of 12/2, so I can use some leftover 12/3 that I had when I wired the garage. Not that I couldn't have used it in either case, but now I'll actually be using all the individual wires, so it's cleaner :).
Here's an updated diagram:

An added bonus is that the wire from the switchbox to the fan/light in this configuration requires 12/3 instead of 12/2, so I can use some leftover 12/3 that I had when I wired the garage. Not that I couldn't have used it in either case, but now I'll actually be using all the individual wires, so it's cleaner :).
Here's an updated diagram:

No comments:
Post a Comment