It's starting to look like a room again.
Took us a while to get everything into place. Most of the time was spent convincing the joists to assume their correct positions so that everything is level. Had to make a quick trip to HD when I found out that my 4 foot level wasn't. Unfortunately, I'd used it to run the main girders, and I wasn't willing to pull them out and redo it. Should be ok, tho, because even though the old level was a little off, it wasn't enough to cause any serious concern, and the girders are still really good. I've already realized I'm not going to get everything perfect, but everything is still well within an acceptable tolerance.
Next up will be rough measuring for the fixtures, so that I can run the plumbing in the room. I'm hoping to be able to finish that tonight. If I can get that accomplished, I'll be know where I need to cut holes in the subfloor for the pipes, and then I'll be able to put the subfloor in. That'll be a good day. It'll be much easier to work on the rest of the room once we have a place to walk around.
It's coming together :).

1 comment:
Looking good man. Keep us posted. Good to see I now have a "plumber" friend. :-)
Post a Comment