Friday, October 27, 2006

Woohoo!

Mission accomplished yesterday evening. Spent another 2 hours in the crawlspace gluing pipes. Everything is finally connected. Didn't run into too many problems, it's just dificult to work in such a confined space and I made a pretty good mess of my hands working with the primer and glue. It'll probably take days for all the stuff to come off. Anyway, everything is connected according to spec.


I made a small change to the design. Nothing major...I decided that, instead of just capping the ends of the 3/4" hot and cold lines and teeing off of it for all the branches, that I would just run the 3/4" straight to the kitchen sink, and connect it there to the 1/2" with a reducer. Everything else will still be connected with tees. I thought that might be a little cleaner and use a few less fittings. No big deal. Here's the updated diagram(it looks a lot different(i hate visio and it's "smart" line connections) but that was the only change.


I was hoping to test everything last night after I'd finished and the glue had cured, but I didn't get finished until 9:30. That would have made it 11:00 or 11:30 before I could turn the water on and test everything. Didn't really feel like staying that late, so I just called it a night. I think I'll run home during lunch and do some cursory testing, and try and flush all the lines and check the pressure. If everything looks ok, and the meter isn't moving with everything turned off(indicating no leaks), I'll leave it on after lunch. Then after work, once it's been on for a few hours, I'll make what I hope will be the last trip to the crawlspace to inspect all the joints and make sure there are no leaks whatsoever. I'll also take that opportunity to finish installing all the hangers for the new lines to clean everything up. I'll also try and remember to check out that AC duct under the living room that hasn't functioned EVER. Hopefully it's just been knocked loose and there aren't any bigger problems there.


I'm trying not to get too excited about the plumbing issue being solved, just in case there's yet another problem that I haven't forseen. Maybe after lunch, if everything looks good, I'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief and let my mind move on to other things. We'll see!

No comments: