Today was quite a productive day. Spent lunch at Lowe's stocking up on all the fittings I was going to need for the water supply lines overhaul. After work I ran over to HD to pick up the actual pipe(HD is MUCH closer than Lowe's, but Lowe's has a better selection of fittings). Was ready to get started around 6pm.
I started in the bathroom. I redid my connection to the the incoming 3/4" galvanized from the street, ran a 10" section of 3/4" onward toward the kitchen, and tapped it with a 1/2" tee to feed the bathroom with cold water.
The other thing I wanted to accomplish tonight was to feed all the other new lines down to the crawlspace. These included the in/out 3/4" lines for the water heater, and the 1/2" supply lines to the kitchen. I prepped all the pieces that would be fed down, and then crawled down into the crawlspace. Allen then fed down the water heater lines from the attic down to me in the crawlspace, and then did the same thing under the kitchen sink. I was a little worried we'd have trouble getting the new pipes run through the floor, but they all went in really easily.
Now I have all the lines in the crawlspace just ready to be glued together. That'll be the main task for tomorrow. I spent the rest of the evening doing as much interior stuff as I could. I finished connecting the new 3/4" lines to the water heater itself, and connected the cold supply under the sink to the sink flex supply that'll attach to the faucet, as well as the icemaker line. I would have done the same for the hot, but I've kinda changed plans for it. I originally was planning on running an individual 1/2" supply from the 3/4" main directly to the dish washer. But everything I've read about it says hooking your dishwasher supply line to the sink hot water supply is ample. I think I'll go ahead and do it this way, as it'll save me a little bit of cutting and gluing in the crawlspace, and save me from having to add a new hole in the floor to run that line. So I'll just tap into the sink's hot line to feed the dishwasher.
So tomorrow will be spent finishing everything up. I'll head down to the crawlspace to connect everything there...I'll extend the 3/4" cold supply from the street and connect it to the line going to the water heater. In this line I'll also put 3 1/2" tees, one for the washing machine , one for the sink, and one for the new bathroom line. I'll connect these the washing machine lines that are already down there, the new bathroom line I've already run, and to the new lines Allen and I dropped this evening. Then I'll extend the 3/4" hot water coming from the water heater, and tap into it with 3 1/2" tees as well...one for the sink, one for the washing machine, and one for the new bathroom. Again, all the lines are already run down to the crawlspace, so all I'll have to do is just connect them. After all that gluing, the only thing I'll have to do before I can turn on the water flow again will be to install the stop valve on the kitchen sink's hot supply, and connect it to the dishwasher. After that I can turn on the water main, and flush all the lines for a minute before hooking the final flex lines to all the fixtures.
If all goes well with that tomorrow, I'll leave the water main on for a little while and then make one final trip to the crawlspace to inspect all the joints and make sure I don't have any leaks. I'll also take that opportunity to install hangers to get the lines up off the ground and just have a nice clean installation. Then we'll have water again, and I'll be able to continue with the bathroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment