Friday, October 27, 2006

Success!

Whew! All tests during lunch proved to be successful. I spent some time flushing all the lines. Lots of crud needed to be washed out. I guess I'd introduced a lot of dirt to the pipes when I was moving them around connecting everything.

The pressure issues appear to be solved. There's so much pressure now that I completely doused myself a couple of times when i was flushing the lines. I connected the sink, and the washing machine, and all looks great there. I made a mistake when connecting the sink and over-tightened the supply hose and kinked a copper connector on the faucet itself. I think it's impacting the hot pressure slightly...although there's still plenty of pressure. I might see if I can repair it tonight, or just live with it. Also, the "smart" supply hose for the dishwasher that I purchased is acting up. Apparently it has a "flood protector" on it that stops the flow if the hose detects an unrestricted flow(i.e. line was cut or something). I think I tripped it when I was flushing the lines(it wasn't connect to the dishwasher yet), and I can't seem to reset it. The instructions say to turn off the supply valve, disconnect the hose, reconnect it, and turn the water on. This is supposed to reset the valve, but two tries at this had no effect. It's going back and I'll be getting a "dumb" supply hose.

So, we're back in business now. Next up(after making these last final connections and a quick run thru the crawlspace to inspect all my joints) is finish plumbing the bathroom. I think before I do that, however, I'm going to have to do some structural repair work. I need enough of the floor in so that I can measure and see where the tub unit is going to end up, since this determines where I run my supply/drain lines. So I'll probably start by framing in the floor(trying to make sure that the joists don't interfere with any potential plumbing lines). Then I'll install some of the floor along the exterior wall...enough to allow me to frame up that stud wall. This will let me measure accurately enough to determine where the tub unit will end up and where I need to run the drain and supply lines. Once I have this info, I'll be able to finish all the supply lines in the room. Once that's in, I'll be able to install the subfloor, since I'll know where everything need to be cut to allow the plumbing through. Then it's frame the rest of the walls, and closet, run electricity, install underlayment, install tub, drywall, crown molding, tile, final plumbing and install fixtures. After that I'll just have a beer and sleep for 4 days. Sounds like a plan.

No comments: