This also exposed the mess of plumbing underneath the old bathroom. Ugh, I hate plumbing. Not much of it makes any sense, either. I've been thinking that I'll just tap into the copper in the kitchen and run brand new supply lines from there into the bathroom, then just plumb the room with new lines to all the fixtures. I was hoping that this would let me clean all the old galvanized out, by cutting the supply to the bathroom way upstream and just remove all the old pipe. Turns out, however, that some of the supply under the bathroom is buried in the ground, making it difficult to find where, upstream, to cut and cap the line. To make matters worse, for some reason, a cold water line that feeds an outside hose faucet, that I don't want to orphan, runs directly under the bathroom(out of it's way, at that). Before I totally cut off the supply to the bathroom, I have to make sure that the bathroom lines aren't feeding this faucet, or else it'll lose it's supply. Not good. So I basically spent the rest of the night with this look on my face, while Allen and I tried to puzzle it all out:
I suppose I'll spend tomorrow crawling around in the crawlspace mapping the water lines. Hopefully I can figure out enough to be able to successfully cut off the existing supply to the bathroom and run the new lines in. Doing it doesn't take that long...figuring out WHAT to do is the trick :).
Here's a few pics of the current state:
After I get the new supply lines to the room, I should be able to start on rebuilding the floor supports. After that I think I'll be in good shape to finish plumbing the room for the fixtures, which will allow me to put the subfloor in. Once the subfloor is in, and I don't have to look at the nasty crawlspace anymore, it should be off to the races. Wall framing, rebuild the closet, drywall, install shower, tile..woohoo!

No comments:
Post a Comment